i was in a bind last night. i never got a chance to go grocery shopping on monday, and i knew i wouldn’t be able to go shopping tuesday morning. so monday evening i scrounged around the house to see what i had in my ‘fridge and cupboard.
luckily, i had the “foresight” to bring home a huge box of seaweed from costco last month! (who knew a box of seaweed could get a menu rolling?)
so without further ado, to make your own sushi…
prepare each fixings/toppings in separate dishes:
- 5 (6oz) cans of salmon/tuna + 3 TBS mayo
- 8 cups cooked rice + 1/2 cup distilled vinegar + 3-4 TBS sugar
- 4 avocados mashed
- 2-3 cups pork song (“furry meat” as some of my non-chinese friends call it)
- plenty of packets of seaweed
- enough soy sauce & wasabi
- guests can assemble sushis themselves
other ingredients can include: pickled (yellow) daikons, scrambled eggs, cucumbers, carrots…the possibilities are endless!