i love matzo ball soup. (i’m not jewish.)
i passed by a huge box of manischewitz matzo at costco and that’s what inspired tuesday’s menu, literally and this blog. i’ve been preparing lunches for quite a few tuesdays now, so i figured i should collect my tuesday recipes and make my own virtual cook bloog(k).
these were the ingredients & my substitutions (i’m not big on following recipes to the “t”). i was able to make 42 mini matzo balls from this recipe. and i was able to make them the night before.
- 6 TBS
(3/4 stick) unsalted pareve margarinevegetable oil 1/2 cup packed finely chopped leek (white and pale green parts only)didn’t have, and didn’t want to run to the store at 10:30pm.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 eggs (5 eggs)
- 2 TBS
ginger aleseltzer water (i dumped in 4 TBS since i had a whole litre of seltzer)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup unsalted matzo meal (i threw ~10 pieces of matzo into the food processor, and then forgot to measure if it was a cup. so i’m thinking it’s more like than 1 1/4 cup.)
- 12 cups chicken broth
p.s. i don’t think i’ve ever had “sinker” matzo balls.
p.s.s. and i forgot to take pictures of my mini matzo balls. 😦